Scarred for life due to frozen cola: Boy has 38 stitches in his face after opening ice cold can explodes as he opens it
Putting a can of pop in a freezer may seem like the best short-term fix to enjoy an ice-cold drink.
But for one young boy in China, he will forever remember the day he did it.
On taking a can of cola out of the freezer after a few hours, the can exploded causing horrible injuries.
Scarred: A young boy required 38 stitches after opening a can of cola that had been in the freezer
The can exploded sending aluminium shrapnel into the boys face, cutting into his skin.
He ended up with 38 stitches on the lower part of his face, including seven on the inside of the mouth, and was lucky to avoid more serious injuries.
When a can of fizzy drink is frozen, the volume inside the package expands, and the carbon dioxide gas is squeezed out as it solidifies.
Dangerous: When a can is frozen, the carbon dioxide inside is put under intense pressure
Thankfully most of the time, the “explosion” will happen when the can is still in the freezer, with the a somewhat mishaped can and a sticky liquid being the end product.
However, things for this young boy didn”t end so well.
But far from hide away, the boys mother has taken to social networking website Weibo to post pictures of the horrible accident, warning others of the dangers of putting fizzy drinks in the freezer.