Girl, 14, dies on first day back at school after eating chocolate brownie which triggered nut allergy
Naishel Kelly complained of difficulty breathing during a lesson before collapsing in the nurse's office
A teenage girl who suffered from a nut allergy died on the first day back at school – moments after eating a chocolate brownie provided by her college.
Naishel Kelly, 14, suffered a suspected asthma attack in a lesson shortly after lunch at Brighton College, East Sussex.
Naishel, from nearby Hove, complained to friends she was finding it difficult to breathe. She was taken to the school nurse's office where she collapsed.
Paramedics rushed her to the Royal Sussex County Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Godmother and cousin Amanda Kelly said she wanted to know if the brownie could have caused her death, adding: 'She went to school as normal – as a completely healthy child.
'She has been taken from us so early and when she was blossoming into a young woman with a wonderful future ahead of her.'
Brighton College in East Sussex where Naishel fell ill soon after having lunch
Friends paid tribute to Naishel, who has a brother, seven, Kian, on Twitter and Facebook. Her pal Alice Parfitt posted a tribute video on YouTube, which showed pictures of Naishel, known by the nickname Nai nai, enjoying herself with various schoolfriends.
Alice said: 'My best friend died. I was with her when she died peacefully.'
Naishel died after eating a chocolate brownie at college
The college's head teacher Richard Cairns said the school only serves nut-free food to its students.
He added: 'All at the college are devastated by her tragic death. She was much loved and will be deeply missed by all.'
Police have launches and investigation into the death, which is being treated as unexplained but not suspicious, on behalf of the coroner.
A touching tribute made by Naishel's friend Alice Parfitt…