Schoolboy hours from death after swallowing magnetic tongue studs designed to look like a piercing

Schoolboy nearly died after swallowing magnetic tongue studs designed to look like a piercing Magnets are designed to sit on either side of the tongue to hold stud in place Michael Delaney needed surgery after accidentally swallowing them Magnets ripped through his intestines and acid damaged his bowelTeenager was four hours from death when he had life-saving surgery | UPDATED: 12:22 GMT, 10 December 2012 Michael Delaney was forced to undergo major surgery after swallowing his magnetic tongue studs A schoolboy nearly died after swallowing magnetic tongue studs designed to look like a piercing.

ALL metal hip joints "must be banned": Failure rate "four times higher than other types"

ALL metal hip joints 'must be banned': Failure rate 'four times higher than other types' | UPDATED: 07:46 GMT, 13 March 2012 Experts are demanding that metal-on-metal hip replacements are banned after finding ‘unequivocal’ evidence of their poor performance.