Disabled boy receives prosthetic blade for Christmas just like his hero Jonnie Peacock

Disabled boy, 4, receives prosthetic blade for Christmas just like his hero Jonnie Peacock Rio had lower right leg amputated at 14 months after being born without a knee or ankle jointHad got around using rigid NHS false limbAsked parents for a blade after watching Paralympics and meeting 100m runner Jonnie PeacockReceived new limb for Christmas thanks to Dorset-based company | UPDATED: 01:10 GMT, 26 December 2012 Like many little boys, four-year-old Rio Woolf dreams of following in the footsteps of his sporting idols.

Wood burning stoves can be a "silent killer", leaking deadly carbon monoxide if not properly fitted

Wood burning stoves can be a 'silent killer', leaking deadly carbon monoxide if not properly fitted<br>Around 40 people die in a year across England and Wales from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning<br>And 4,000 more need to be treated in accident and emergency for CO poisoning <p> | <strong>UPDATED:</strong> 18:29 GMT, 20 November 2012 </p> <p>They are a timeless and effective way to keep your home cosy and warm during the winter.

Cot death babies may lack vital protein which helps them breathe

Cot death babies may lack vital protein which helps them to breathe At least 300 babies die suddenly and unexpectedly every year Scientists have pinpointed a gene that meant young mice were more likely to struggle with oxygen intake – they think the same effect could occur in humans | UPDATED: 16:05 GMT, 6 September 2012 Cot death babies may lack a vital protein that helps them to breathe, according to new research.

Shropshire campsite death: Teenage girl dies and 3 injured in ‘carbon monoxide incident’

Girl, 14, killed in her tent by barbecue fumes: Brother, 11, and parents found unconscious Family “took disposable barbecue into tent to keep warm”Teenager was pronounced dead at the sceneBoy and his parents are seriously ill in hospital