New Zealand woman suffers horrific INTERNAL burns after routine procedure suffers "catastrophic equipment failure"

Woman suffers horrific INTERNAL burns after 'catastrophic equipment failure' during routine gynae operation Jo Partridge, 36, visited hospital for the routine procedure thermal ablationInvolved inserting balloon filled with 87C water to burn womb lining But was left scalded after balloon burst inside her during freak accident She was then left untreated for internal burns by medics for five days11 months later she remains in pain and has had 35 operations to recover PUBLISHED: 15:26 GMT, 23 April 2013 | UPDATED: 15:49 GMT, 23 April 2013 A woman suffered horrific internal burns after scalding water burst from a medical balloon while it was still inside her.