Toddler, two, may face lifelong injuries after drinking toxic oven cleaner "despite child-proof cap"

Toddler, 2, who nearly died after drinking toxic oven cleaner has to have his throat opened daily so that his burns can healTwin Callum needs to have his oesophagus opened every night to stop it sticking as his injuries healGrandmother claims he managed to open child-proof cap while she was awayAfter drinking it the toddler was sick, and his vomit burned a hole in the carpet | UPDATED: 21:33 GMT, 29 August 2012 A two-year-old boy's could face a lifetime of internal injuries after drinking an entire bottle of toxic oven cleaner when the bottle's child-proof cap 'failed'.