Most office KITCHENS are dirtier than the toilets, with kettles and microwaves the germiest places

Most office KITCHENS are dirtier than the toilets, with kettles and microwaves the germiest places Half of kitchen surfaces are contaminated with dangerous levels of coliforms – bacteria in faecesThese bacteria can cause gastrointestinal diseases25 per cent of draining boards, 30 per cent of microwaves, 40 per cent of kettles also contaminated By Emma Innes PUBLISHED: 17:26 GMT, 23 April 2013 | UPDATED: 17:26 GMT, 23 April 2013 Workplace kitchens are dangerously dirty, to the point that they could cause illness, new research suggests.

Chinese man kept alive for 13 years with HOMEMADE dialysis machine

Chinese man kept alive for 13 years with HOMEMADE dialysis machine (bet you'll never complain about the NHS again!) Hu Songwen built his machine after he could no longer afford hospital bills He said two of his friends had died after building and using similar machinesOffered Government medical aid after story went national, but says nearest hospital is too far away and too crowded By Claire Bates PUBLISHED: 14:36 GMT, 22 January 2013 | UPDATED: 17:55 GMT, 22 January 2013 Three times a week, Hu Songwen sits on a small toilet in his home in a rural east China town and fires up his homemade dialysis machine.

Parents warned children raiding kitchen cupboards to try and create "legal highs"

Parents warned children are raiding kitchen cupboards in attempt to create 'legal highs' Children as young as nine experimenting with kitchen cupboard essentials such as cinnamon and nutmeg to try and create 'drug-like effects' Dozens of children treated in emergency rooms after trying to swallow cinnamon, while two choked to death on marshmallows'Seemingly silly games can have sinister effects,' Chicago doctors warn | UPDATED: 19:06 GMT, 19 December 2012 Parents have been warned to watch their kitchen cupboards, after a spate of hospital admissions of children pursuing 'legal highs.' Researchers said youngsters were downing cinnamon, snorting nutmeg and even experimenting with marshmallows to try and create a drug-like effect.

Chlorine in tap water linked to increase in number of people developing food allergies

Chlorine in tap water linked to increase in number of people developing food allergies | UPDATED: 06:10 GMT, 3 December 2012 Chlorine in tap water has been linked to the rising number of people developing food allergies, a study has revealed.

Schoolboy, 16, risked his life after going into burning house to rescue toddler, 2, trapped inside

“I knew I had to do something”: Schoolboy, 16, risked his life going into burning house to rescue toddler, 2, trapped insideNelson Fonangwan was awoken when his neighbour started screamingBlack smoke billowed from Southampton home of Aneta JedlikoswkaHer son Adam, 2, was trapped inside house after door blew shut on her | UPDATED: 14:15 GMT, 30 September 2012 A courageous 16-year-old boy risked his own life to save a toddler trapped inside a burning home.

The £1.2million motorhome with a state-of-the-art kitchen, luxury entertainment system and storage for a supercar

The £1.2million motorhome with a state-of-the-art kitchen, luxury entertainment system… and storage for a supercar. Luxury bus boasts special “garage” so owner can store supercar for use on tripsBuyers can choose the state-of-the-art fixtures and fittings they want to customise their vehiclePrices for the bus start at around £750,000 and rise to about £1.2 millionOrders have been received from wealthy buyers around the world

Teenager, 19, battered dog with hammer 20 times and stabbed it through chest before leaving home to sign on at the JobCentre

Teenager, 19, battered dog with hammer 20 times and stabbed it through chest before leaving home to sign on at the JobCentreSean Deakin had only owned the dog for a few daysStaffordshire bull terrier Tyson took eight hours to dieDeakin offered the court no explanation for the abuse