Toddler swallows 42 FRIDGE MAGNETS after mother leaves her in the kitchen for just a few minutes

Toddler swallows 42 FRIDGE MAGNETS after mother leaves him in the kitchen for just a few minutesMother left 16-month-old son by family fridge for matter of minutesRushed him to doctors for scan after realising all fridge magnets had gone X-ray revealed boy had swallowed dozens and he had emergency surgeryHe is now recovering as doctors warn parents to watch young children By Claire Bates PUBLISHED: 11:04 GMT, 14 February 2013 | UPDATED: 12:10 GMT, 14 February 2013 Parents of toddlers know that their curious young ones will put almost anything in their mouths as they explore the world.

Schoolboy hours from death after swallowing magnetic tongue studs designed to look like a piercing

Schoolboy nearly died after swallowing magnetic tongue studs designed to look like a piercing Magnets are designed to sit on either side of the tongue to hold stud in place Michael Delaney needed surgery after accidentally swallowing them Magnets ripped through his intestines and acid damaged his bowelTeenager was four hours from death when he had life-saving surgery | UPDATED: 12:22 GMT, 10 December 2012 Michael Delaney was forced to undergo major surgery after swallowing his magnetic tongue studs A schoolboy nearly died after swallowing magnetic tongue studs designed to look like a piercing.

The new MRI scanner that won"t give you claustrophobia

The new MRI scanner that won't give you claustrophobia | UPDATED: 01:09 GMT, 27 November 2012 Every day, hundreds of patients undergo magnetic resonance imaging scans (MRI scans) — and every day many of those patients will ask to get out of the machine before doctors have even had time to take the scan.