Schools should exclude children who have not had MMR jab, says leading scientistDr Craig Venter, a leading biologist, said unvaccinated children are a 'hazard to society'Department of Health said that such measures were unnecessary and risked alienating parents By Rachel Reilly PUBLISHED: 08:44 GMT, 25 April 2013 | UPDATED: 09:58 GMT, 25 April 2013 Schools should have the right to refuse access to pupils who have not had the MMR jab, a leading scientist has said.
Eating too much salt blamed for 2.3 million deaths a year worldwide…
Overindulged at Christmas You're lighter than you think: Official weight of a kilo is changed (by a fraction of a gram) By Nick Mcdermott PUBLISHED: 00:07 GMT, 7 January 2013 | UPDATED: 00:07 GMT, 7 January 2013 You may be lighter than you think, even if you have overindulged this Christmas It will come as welcome news to those who overindulged over the festive period – we are all a little bit lighter than we think.
Inside Britain's FAT ward: Where clinically obese patients weighing as much as 47-stone are treated with reinforced wheelchairs and industrial weighing scales Based at the Sunderland Royal Hospital, the ward is at the heart of one of the most overweight parts of the countryMore than 600 weight loss operations performed last yearNew documentary follows plight of 29-year-old Terry Garner, who is 47 stone and housebound | UPDATED: 19:13 GMT, 10 December 2012 From super-size doors to reinforced wheelchairs, everything is larger than life.
A good excuse for a tea break! The chair that sounds an alarm to stop office workers risking their health by sitting all day The sitting pad measures the time a worker spends at their desk using a pressure sensorIt uses a microcontroller to create a time stamp when they stand upCan be set up to sound an alarm if a person has been sitting for too long | UPDATED: 16:24 GMT, 5 December 2012 Chained to the desk Researchers have developed a seat they hope will encourage workers to walk around Office workers who are moulded to their chairs all day could be persuaded to stretch their legs more often thanks to an 'alarming' invention.
Smoking harms your brain as well as your body: It leads to sharp decline in mental ability, warns study Test on nearly 9,000 people over 50 have shown lifestyles could damage the mind as well as the bodySmoking, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels and a high BMI all worsen the risk | UPDATED: 00:30 GMT, 27 November 2012 Tests on 8,800 people over 50 have showed cigarettes can damage memory Smoking is known to be highly damaging to physical health, being a major factor in cancer and heart disease.
Stress at work to blame for soaring number of Britons suffering migraines Nearly 40 per cent of doctors are concerned at the number of patients suffering the chronic headache 90 per cent believe increase is related to work stressMany sufferers also don't take enough preventative measures, warn doctors PUBLISHED: 18:21 GMT, 26 November 2012 | UPDATED: 18:21 GMT, 26 November 2012 The number of workers suffering from migraines is soaring because of growing stress at the office, according to a survey.
Smoking doesn't just age your lungs, it damages your BRAIN, too Test on nearly 9,000 people over 50 have shown lifestyles could damage the mind as well as the bodySmoking, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels and a high BMI all worsen the risk | UPDATED: 11:28 GMT, 26 November 2012 Tests on 8,800 people over 50 have showed cigarettes can damage memory The effects of smoking on the skin are well documented with those keen to stay looking young urged to stub out the cigarettes.
The new test that determines your risk of a deadly allergic reaction Measures levels of an enzyme in the blood Medics hope it will become the definitive allergy test, reducing the chance of life-threatening reactions | UPDATED: 12:08 GMT, 12 October 2012 A new test to indicate which people are most at risk from life-threatening allergic reactions has been developed by British scientists.
Parents' fury after superbug kills premature baby son and 12 more newborns are infected due to outbreak in hospital intensive care unitOliver Hannon died after an outbreak of the bacteria pseudomonas in the baby intensive care unit at Southmead Hospital in BristolMother Jenna: 'I held him in my arms until he died'Traces of the superbug – linked to a series of baby deaths across the UK – were found in the water systemOliver was vulnerable because of his weak immune systemOf the other 12 babies, one was treated for minor infection; three remain well in hospital isolation; and eight have been discharged | UPDATED: 14:43 GMT, 10 October 2012 A baby who died following an outbreak of a killer superbug at a hospital neo-natal unit has been named as Oliver Hannon.