Mother's anguish after police admit they kept her dead son's brain in storage for 13 years Rhys Cheevers' brain was held at Southampton General Hospital after he died just two days oldHis mother Hannah says two police officers knocked on her door 'totally out of the blue' with the news By Anna Hodgekiss PUBLISHED: 12:01 GMT, 22 February 2013 | UPDATED: 02:51 GMT, 23 February 2013 A mother has told of her agony when she discovered police kept her baby’s brain for 13 years.
Woman, 42, bled to death after routine back op in hospital where staff had warned bosses about 'grave risks to patients' Andrea Green died hours after the operation at Barnsley District Hospital Post-mortem report listed cause of death as internal bleeding It later emerged she may not have needed the surgery after allStaff had already warned about 'extreme pressure and stress' in department By Anna Hodgekiss PUBLISHED: 11:17 GMT, 22 February 2013 | UPDATED: 23:22 GMT, 22 February 2013 Andrea Green bled to death after a routine back operation she may not actually have needed A fit and healthy woman bled to death after having routine surgery for a back pain.
Body of elderly patient found in grounds of Liverpool hospital 80-year-old patient went missing from Royal Liverpool University Hospital at 7.30pm last night Was found dead outside the hospital seven hours later By Anna Hodgekiss PUBLISHED: 17:20 GMT, 14 February 2013 | UPDATED: 20:21 GMT, 14 February 2013 Police have launched an investigation after an 80-year-old patient went missing and was found dead outside a hospital seven hours later.
Student, 21, who died after suffering crippling headaches for weeks had TUBERCULOSIS Craig White suffered from headaches and nausea but assumed it was linked to his medication for Crohn's disease, according to familyHis condition deteriorated on Dec 5 and he died a week later in hospitalHe tweeted 'Head feels like it's going to explode!' just weeks earlier | UPDATED: 20:05 GMT, 21 December 2012 A journalism student who suffered crippling headaches and nausea for a month died from a rare form of tuberculosis, public health officials announced today.
Boy, 10, who collapsed and died after building an igloo in the snow with friends may have had unknown heart conditionJoshua Houlgate was playing in the snow with his friends when he complained of feeling unwell and collapsedHis mother frantically tried to save his lifeCoroner records verdict of death by natural causes | UPDATED: 17:50 GMT, 15 October 2012 Tragic loss: Joshua Houlgate, the ten-year-old who collapsed and died while he was playing in the snow with his friends in February A 10-year-old boy who collapsed in front of his pals while they played in the snow could have had a lifelong heart condition, an inquest heard.
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT Dog owner, 27, starved her German Shepherd puppy in tiny cage with no food or water for SEVEN MONTHS (but she”s avoided jail) WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT Kent woman Stacey Lockhurst got suspended jail termKept puppy Jack in cage surrounded by his own wasteRSPCA said it”s one of “worst cruelty cases ever seen”
Forget bird flu – seal flu could prove more deadly to humans The H3N8 strain was discovered after the death of 162 New England sealsThe virus could target a protein found in human lungs causing immune system to go into overdrive and attack itselfThis would leave lungs vulnerable to pneumonia and bacterial infections | UPDATED: 09:08 GMT, 31 July 2012 Seal flu could pose a new threat to human health, scientists have warned.
Vomiting toddler sent home from hospital with ibruprofen…
Obese mother who refused to stop eating after having gastric bypass choked to death on food that couldn't fit into her stomach Dianne Cooper-Clarke told her family she had undergone surgery for cancer when she had a gastric bypassShe managed to eat less for around a year after the surgeryA backlog of food had built all the way to the throat By Daily Mail Reporter PUBLISHED: 10:06 GMT, 14 June 2012 | UPDATED: 10:10 GMT, 14 June 2012 During a gastric bypass a portion of the stomach is stapled together to form a new smaller stomach An obese mother who carried on eating too much after gastric bypass surgery suffocated on food which couldn't fit into her stomach, an inquest heard.
Charity worker blames hospital's 'human error' for death of her unborn baby after she is sent home despite bleeding The couple lost their son Edward in the 37th week of pregnancy | UPDATED: 14:36 GMT, 13 June 2012 Mrs Seamons lost her baby in the 37th week of pregnancy.