Popular Chinese medicine used for migraines could be FATAL, warn health watchdogsZheng Tian Wan is unregulated but available in the UKMedicine contains herb known as Queen of PoisonsCould be toxic for the heart and nervous systemExperts urge anyone who has taken herb to visit GP By Rachel Reilly PUBLISHED: 16:40 GMT, 17 April 2013 | UPDATED: 06:54 GMT, 18 April 2013 The plant remedy contains aconite a herb once dubbed the 'Queen of Poisons' A herbal medicine used by alternative practitioners to treat migraines could be fatal.
Family of cancer victim refused life insurance payout because he didn't disclose PINS AND NEEDLES Nic Hughes died from cancer of the gall bladder leaving wife and young twins Insurance company Friends Life refused to honour his critical illness policySaid he had not disclosed 'reduce alcohol' advice or pins and needles painBut doctors said he drank within correct limits and pains were not relevant Friends say insurer's decision are 'morally repugnant' and started campaign | UPDATED: 21:54 GMT, 12 December 2012 The family of a man who died from cancer will not receive their insurance payout – because he didn’t declare he had pins and needles.
Heartbroken mother is unable to cuddle baby son because rare condition means his skin blisters when he is heldThe condition, Epidermolysis Bullosa means skin and internal body linings blister at the slightest knock or rubThe 18 week old baby's mother and father will never be able to cuddle their sonThe blisters erupt everywhere – including in his throat and eyeballs | UPDATED: 15:01 GMT, 8 October 2012 After nine months of pregnancy Daniela Brine could not wait to finally hold her newborn son.
Hidden perils of acupuncture: Lost needles, punctured lungs and fainting among NHS horror stories | UPDATED: 06:49 GMT, 5 September 2012 Five patients suffered collapsed lungs known as a pneumothorax after the needle accidentally penetrated their chests Hundreds of NHS patients undergoing acupuncture have suffered complications including dizziness, collapsed lungs and even needles being left in their bodies, researchers warn.
Medical student, 20, becomes youngest British woman to conquer Everest despite suffering a stroke on her first attempt Becky Bellworthy had to be carried 4,000 feet down the mountain by a sherpa after being left paralysed just 9,000 feet from the summitAfter months spent recovering and despite warnings from doctors not to attempt it again, she did and reached the summit | UPDATED: 14:38 GMT, 28 August 2012 A medical student has become the youngest British woman to conquer Everest despite suffering a life-threatening stroke on her first attempt – at 20,000 feet.
Boy, 4, left in agony after nurse leaves broken needle in his leg during pre-school injection Father questioned where tip of needle had gone but nurse told him the needles never snappedNext day father took his son to hospital where X-ray confirmed needle under the skin PUBLISHED: 12:48 GMT, 6 August 2012 | UPDATED: 12:59 GMT, 6 August 2012 A father is suing the NHS after a nurse left a broken needle in his four-year-old son's leg.
Double joy as twins diagnosed with cancer within a week of each other are both given the all clear They kept smiling throughout their difficult treatment, reveals fatherTwins were diagnosed with cancer within days of eachother Child has just a 10% chance of developing leukaemia at some point if their identical twin has it | UPDATED: 11:10 GMT, 28 June 2012 Identical twin sisters Megan and Grace Garwood are celebrating together after both winning the battle against leukaemia.
Diabetes can DOUBLE your risk of stroke, so why aren’t patients told to cut their blood pressure | UPDATED: 10:44 GMT, 5 June 2012 Gauging the problem: Many diabetics do not appreciate the importance of keeping their blood pressure down Adrian Scott was driving on a dual carriageway at 70 miles per hour when he felt a sensation like an electric shock strike his left side.
Boy, 3, left paralysed by rare immune disorder stuns family by walking againOwen McLoughlin was two when he was struck down by Guillain-Barre SyndromeDoctors warned his parents he may never walk againBut toddler stunned medics by fighting back to take his first steps | UPDATED: 15:38 GMT, 29 May 2012 A three-year-old boy left paralysed after being struck down by a rare immune disorder has made an amazing recovery.
Look away now! Why turning your head really does take the sting out of injections | UPDATED: 06:37 GMT, 16 May 2012 It is age old advice handed down by school nurses to generations of children receiving their regular jabs.