Toddler diagnosed with cancer after his mother refused to believe he was simply constipated is given the all-clear thanks to wonder drug Oliver Lee was taken to hospital by his parents suffering from stomach painDoctors suggested he had constipation but his mother Sophie insisted it was something more seriousAn MRI scan revealed four tumours caused by the rare muscle cancer rhabdomyosarcomaHe underwent nine cycles of chemotherapy and was put on an international drug trial for the wonder drug Avastin ” class=”blkBorder” /> Ollie, pictured in hospital in December 2011 (l) and August 2012 (r) went through nine cycles of chemotherapy Team Ollie: Sophie and Simon raised money for the Queen's Medical Centre where Oliver was being treated Sophie, 38, said: 'Our whole world fell apart, I can still remember the consultant telling us the news.
Soft drink tax 'would cut heart attacks and rising levels of obesity' | UPDATED: 06:31 GMT, 16 May 2012 Slapping a 20 per cent ‘fat tax’ on soft drinks would cut consumption and help curb rising levels of obesity in the UK, claim experts at Oxford University.
'We felt like third world parents begging for our child's life': Family of heart failure baby tell how they were treated with 'utter contempt' at hospital where girl diedNurses were too busy to regular check patients two nights before infant died One-year-old Hayley was 'overlooked and neglected' Doctors were 'arrogant and unprofessional' Parents were repeatedly told there was 'nothing to worry about'Hospital apologises for not requesting treatment on Hayley soon enoughWhen family expressed concerns doctor treated them with 'utter contempt' | UPDATED: 18:46 GMT, 1 May 2012 Paula Stevenson, seen here with a picture of her baby girl Hayley, describe her daughter's treatment at Birmingham Children's Hospital as 'brutal' The family of a seriously-ill baby who died of heart failure have told how 'arrogant' medics made them feel like 'third world parents begging for their child's life' when they raised concerns about her welfare.
The pen is mightier than the stomach: Woman who swallowed pen 25 years ago has it removed… and it still works! We”ve all lost pens down the back of a sofa but one woman managed to misplace one for 25 years – after she swallowed it by accident. The surprising find only came to light after the 76-year-old woman visited her doctor suffering from weight loss and diarrhoea
No one told me children should take vitamin D pills – then my son got rickets Four-year-old Toby Ault cried out in pain as his mother Kathryn gently lifted him up to tuck him into bed. ‘He said it was his legs and they were really hurting him again,’ says Kathryn, 27. ‘It was the third or fourth time in the space of a few weeks.