Girl nearly goes blind after parasite in dog mess that travelled from her stomach to her EYEBALL Millie Knight ingested the parasite spread by animal faeces Called Toxocara, it can contaminate the soil in gardens, parks and even playgroundsIt lay dormant for several years before almost blinding her in her left eye in just three weeks But she has refused to let her partial sight stand in her way and hopes to ski for the GB Winter Paralympics team | UPDATED: 17:34 GMT, 4 December 2012 When Susan Knight noticed her baby daughter had an irritation in one of her eyes, she assumed it was due to a pre-existing squint.
NHS hospitals sending your confidential notes to India to be typed upA series of hospitals have admitted using cheap secretarial agencies in India | UPDATED: 00:25 GMT, 11 September 2012 Hospitals are sending hundreds of thousands of confidential letters about patients to India to be typed up by poorly-paid workers.
Toddler, 2, who nearly died after drinking toxic oven cleaner has to have his throat opened daily so that his burns can healTwin Callum needs to have his oesophagus opened every night to stop it sticking as his injuries healGrandmother claims he managed to open child-proof cap while she was awayAfter drinking it the toddler was sick, and his vomit burned a hole in the carpet | UPDATED: 21:33 GMT, 29 August 2012 A two-year-old boy's could face a lifetime of internal injuries after drinking an entire bottle of toxic oven cleaner when the bottle's child-proof cap 'failed'.
Jessie J 'saved' my daughter's life: Mother says star's singing helped car crash victim, 6, come out of a coma | UPDATED: 23:34 GMT, 19 August 2012 A mum yesterday thanked pop sensation Jesse J for ‘saving’ her daughter's life – by singing to the youngster as she came out of a coma.
Baby girl dies from whooping cough after parents rush her to GP, out-of-hours surgery and hospital, as cases of the illness soar 'Communication was terrible', say grieving parents who are demanding an urgent inquiryReported cases of whooping cough in England and Wales this year are already double what they were in 2011, according to HPA | UPDATED: 11:58 GMT, 1 August 2012 A couple are demanding an urgent inquiry after their five-week-old baby died of whooping cough.
Boy, 5, takes first steps after experimental drug shrinks huge tumour that was spreading through his body Drug has stopped spread of tumour and Alfie has been weaned off pain medicationThe drug is more commonly used as an anti-rejection drug for kidney transplant patients'It gives us hope', say parents | UPDATED: 15:52 GMT, 10 July 2012 A five-year-old boy has taken his first steps – after a 'miracle' drug helped shrink a giant and deadly tumour that was raging through his body.
New blood-washing operation that's a lifeline for kidney patients By David Hurst PUBLISHED: 02:17 GMT, 3 July 2012 | UPDATED: 02:17 GMT, 3 July 2012 There is a desperate shortage of donor organs, exacerbated by the fact that the donor and recipient must have the same blood type.
Me and my 'Superdad': Boy, 10, receives kidney from father after his body attacks his own organs Raphael had one-in-a-million condition that caused his body to attack his kidneys | UPDATED: 12:01 GMT, 13 March 2012 When his son was diagnosed with a rare medical condition that attacked his kidneys, Duane Harvard, 51, didn't think twice about donating one of his own.
The boy who can only eat NINE foods: Six-year-old has rare life-threatening allergy Jayden can only eat nine foods: cereal, chicken, ham, pears, apples, bananas, carrots, potatoes and riceLast year doctors restricted the boy to a baby milk-only diet A young boy must survive on a simple diet of chicken and chips and fruit salad, after he was diagnosed with a rare allergic condition.
Put your screaming baby down and walk away: The 10-minute video that could cut shaken-baby head injuries by half A baby's head is floppy.