Mother's anguish after police admit they kept her dead son's brain in storage for 13 years Rhys Cheevers' brain was held at Southampton General Hospital after he died just two days oldHis mother Hannah says two police officers knocked on her door 'totally out of the blue' with the news By Anna Hodgekiss PUBLISHED: 12:01 GMT, 22 February 2013 | UPDATED: 02:51 GMT, 23 February 2013 A mother has told of her agony when she discovered police kept her baby’s brain for 13 years.
Teenager with spina bifida who was told to 'get used to a wheelchair' walks again after pioneering operation Charlotte was confined to a wheelchair aged 11 and told to 'just get on with it'But expert at Southampton General Hospital was convinced she could get Charlotte standing again Days before 18th birthday Charlotte underwent a complex operation to lengthen the tight muscles at the hips, knees and feetShe can now walk and says it feels 'completely natural' | UPDATED: 09:53 GMT, 26 December 2012 Charlotte Volante on a Jersey beach.
The teenager sure to be in Santa's good books after giving CPR to save her little brother's life Courtney, 13, realised her three-year-old brother had experienced a seizure and had stopped breathingHer mother Kim said Courtney calmly performed CPR while she had panickedCourtney managed to revive Lucas after 20 minutes of chest compression and mouth-to-mouth | UPDATED: 17:19 GMT, 24 December 2012 Meeting Father Christmas is a wonderful experience for any child, but it was extra special for teenager Courtney and her little brother Lucas.
Christmas parties are key culprits in spreading the winter vomiting bug, which can be contagious for THREE WEEKS Norovirus expert Professor Ian Clarke says people can be infectious for THREE WEEKS after recoveringHe believes people hugging and kissing at parties is increasing the spreadSales of anti-bacterial hand gel have soared 52 per cent this weekAround 900,000 people now thought be affected By Daily Mail Reporter PUBLISHED: 14:28 GMT, 20 December 2012 | UPDATED: 18:54 GMT, 20 December 2012 Christmas parties are causing the winter vomiting bug to spread rapidly as sufferers are attending while still infectious, warns a norovirus expert.
Christmas parties are key culprits in spreading the winter vomiting bug, which can be contagious for THREE WEEKS Norovirus expert Professor Ian Clarke says people can be infectious for THREE WEEKS after recoveringHe believes people hugging and kissing at parties is increasing the spreadSales of anti-bacterial hand gel have soared 52 per cent this weekThe number of people affected is 83 per cent higher than this time last year | UPDATED: 15:54 GMT, 20 December 2012 Christmas parties are causing the winter vomiting bug to spread rapidly as sufferers are attending while still infectious, warns a norovirus expert.
Saved by a photo shoot: Baby diagnosed with lethal heart condition after family got their snaps back – and realised he was turning blue Danny Davies looked slightly purple when he was born, but doctors assumed he was simply bruised by his arrivalHad professional pictures taken of him at just a few weeks oldWhen the snaps came back, his parents noticed the purple blotches had worsenedTests reveled he had low oxygen levels caused by rare heart defect | UPDATED: 16:36 GMT, 18 December 2012 When Neil and Fran Davies booked a professional photography session, they had hoped to get treasured family snaps of their son Danny at just a few weeks old.
Doctors use broken bones to help unmask dementia in elderly patients who may otherwise not be diagnosed | UPDATED: 10:02 GMT, 10 December 2012 Brain impairment caused by conditions such as Alzheimer's makes falling over and suffering breaks more likely Doctors are using broken wrists to diagnose dementia in elderly patients.
New jab cuts hours spent in hospital for blood cancer patients | UPDATED: 23:02 GMT, 8 December 2012 Thousands of patients with blood cancer will no longer be forced to sit in hospital for hours while receiving a key drug treatment, new research shows.
“I knew I had to do something”: Schoolboy, 16, risked his life going into burning house to rescue toddler, 2, trapped insideNelson Fonangwan was awoken when his neighbour started screamingBlack smoke billowed from Southampton home of Aneta JedlikoswkaHer son Adam, 2, was trapped inside house after door blew shut on her | UPDATED: 14:15 GMT, 30 September 2012 A courageous 16-year-old boy risked his own life to save a toddler trapped inside a burning home.
Child's risk of developing allergic disease doubles if parent of same sex suffers from it | UPDATED: 23:01 GMT, 9 August 2012 Allergies such as asthma and eczema are gender-related and not simply hereditary, new research has claimed.